Looking for an Interior Designer to join our team!
Position: Interior Designer
About Our Firm
Lombard Conrad Architects is an award-winning design firm offering integrated services to clients throughout the northwest. Founded in 1972, Lombard Conrad offers architecture, planning, and interior design services to a diverse client base. Our portfolio includes commercial, civic, justice, education and healthcare design.
About The Position
This Interior Designer position offers an excellent opportunity for professional growth and exposure to a variety of project types. In addition, our compensation package offers a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, profit sharing opportunities, and paid professional memberships and continuing education opportunities. Additionally, our newly renovated office space in downtown Boise and thoughtful, creative team make for one incredible work environment.
Senior Interior Designer Responsibilities:
- Meet with clients to develop ongoing relationships and determine clients’ project goals.
- Follow projects from inception through construction to maintain design quality and intent.
- Conducts programming efforts such as space planning, layout and utilization of furnishings and equipment, lighting, detailing and color coordination.
- Prepares and conducts client presentations.
- Responsible for selection and specification of furniture, interior finishes, lighting (limited), signage/wayfinding, plants, and artwork depending on project scope. Estimates material requirements and preliminary costs.
- Manages projects of primarily interior design scope, inclusive of managing project schedule, budget, internal team, and coordinates with applicable outside consultants
- Supports the Construction Administration phase responding to RFI’s and reviews shop drawings.
- Knowledge of building regulations and life safety codes.
- Assists in keeping the project team on schedule and on budget while providing a cohesive design.
- Implements and utilizes the best practices of Lombard Conrad Architects for all projects and processes.
- Coordinates with Project Managers and BIM Technicians in correctly documenting design.
- Mentors and directs the work of less experienced staff.
- Produces drawings as well as redlines drawings for implementation.
- Prepares client proposals and contracts.
- Solicits work that encompasses Lombard Conrad Architects mission and core values.
- Participates in product representative presentations.
- Contributes to maintaining an organized and clean library space.
- Participates in design community organizations.
- Contributes to a collaborative and supportive team environment within the office.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Interior Design or Architecture.
- NCIDQ certification.
- 8-10 years of relevant experience.
- Solid understanding of design process, building codes, materials and interior construction techniques.
- Knowledge of furniture, fixture and equipment (FF&E), architectural/interior finishes, lighting and color schemes to carryout design intent.
- Proficiency in specification writing.
- Must be a motivated self-starter with the ability to problem solve both individually and as part of a project team.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks on multiple and often fast-paced projects (8+).
- Experience working with public procurement agencies, specifically related to furniture contracts and bidding procedures.
- Strong graphic and visualization skills to communicate design ideas.
- Proficiency in the use of 2D/3D software, including Revit, Sketchup, Photoshop, InDesign, Lumion.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work cooperatively with others.
Did we mention?
In 2022, Lombard Conrad was voted one of the top 3 Best Architecture Firms in Idaho and one of the top 3 Best Interior Design Firms by Idaho Business Review readers. Learn more about us at www.lombardconrad.com.
Does this sound perfect for you?
Please submit a cover letter, resume and examples of your work to email@example.com or via our website submission form. We’ll be in touch!