Looking for an Interior Designer to join our team!
Position – Interior Designer II
About The Position
This Interior Designer position offers an excellent opportunity for professional growth and exposure to a variety of project types. In addition, our compensation package offers a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, profit sharing opportunities, and paid professional memberships and continuing education opportunities. Additionally, our newly renovated office space in downtown Boise and thoughtful, creative team make for one incredible work environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Interior Design or Architecture.
- 5+ years of relevant experience.
- Excellent design and technical skills.
- Fluency in Revit.
- Solid understanding of design process, building codes, materials and interior construction techniques.
- Strong written and visual communication skills.
- Ability to independently mange priorities and workflow, while seeking input as needed.
- NCIDQ certificate holder or drive to pursue certificate.
- Project management of project schedules, budget and team.
- Knowledge of furniture, fixture and equipment (FF&E), architectural/interior finishes, lighting and color schemes to carryout design intent.
- Proficiency in specification writing.
- Must be a motivated self-starter with the ability to problem solve both individually and as part of a project team.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks on multiple and often fast-paced projects (5+).
- Experience working with public procurement agencies, specifically related to furniture contracts and bidding procedures.
- Proficiency in the use of 2D/3D software, including Sketchup, Photoshop, InDesign, Lumion or desire to learn.
- Participates in design community organizations.
- Establish conceptual framework for projects.
- Contribute to collaborative and conceptual design dialogue.
- Create compelling and informative presentations.
- Present design developments to clients.
- Research and specify healthy materials appropriate for project.
- Develop and manage space plans and client programs.
- Produce construction documents.
- Collaborate with consultants and manufacturers’ representatives.
- Creation of furniture plans, specifications and bid documents.
- Mentors and directs the work of less experienced staff.
- Contributes to maintaining an organized and clean library space.
- Contributes to a collaborative and supportive team environment within the office.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and examples of your work to email@example.com or via our website submission form. We’ll be in touch!