Join Our Team! Interior Designer II
Who we are:
Lombard Conrad Architects is an award-winning design firm offering integrated services to clients throughout the northwest. Founded in 1972, Lombard Conrad offers architecture, planning, and interior design services to a diverse client base. We pride ourselves in our mission to create architecture in public space. The vast majority of our work serves public agencies and non-profit entities. Our portfolio includes commercial, civic, justice, education, and healthcare design.
Interested in joining us?
The Interior Designer II position offers an excellent opportunity for professional growth and exposure to a variety of project types. In addition, our compensation package offers a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, profit sharing opportunities, and paid professional memberships and continuing education opportunities.
Tell us about you!
Position Title: Interior Designer II
Interior Designer II Responsibilities:
- Meet with clients to develop ongoing relationships and determine clients’ project goals.
- Follow projects from inception through construction to maintain design quality and intent.
- Conducts programming efforts such as space planning, layout and utilization of furnishings and equipment, lighting and color coordination.
- Prepare and conduct client presentations.
- Responsible for selection and specification of furniture, interior finishes, lighting (limited), signage/wayfinding, plants, and artwork depending on project scope. Estimates material requirements and preliminary costs.
- Support the Contract Administration phase responding to RFI’s and reviews shop drawings.
- Knowledge of building regulations and life safety codes.
- Assist in keeping the project team on schedule and on budget while providing a cohesive design.
- Implement and utilizes the best practices of Lombard Conrad Architects for all projects and processes.
- Coordinate with Project Managers and BIM Technicians in correctly documenting design.
- May mentor and direct the work of less experienced staff.
- Contribute in office activities and involved in design community organizations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Interior Design or Architecture.
- 3 -5 years of relevant experience.
- NCIDQ certification or willingness to pursue certification.
- Solid understanding of design process, building codes, materials and interior construction techniques.
- Knowledge of furniture, fixture and equipment (FF&E), architectural/interior finishes, lighting and color schemes to carryout design intent.
- Must be a motivated self-starter with the ability to problem solve both individually and as part of a project team.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work on multiple or fast-paced projects.
- Strong graphic and visualization skills to communicate design ideas.
- Proficiency in the use of 2D/3D software, including Revit, AutoCAD, Sketchup, Photoshop, InDesign. Experience with Lumion a plus.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others.
Learn more about us at www.lombardconrad.com
Please submit a cover letter, resume and examples of your work via the L/C Careers page or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “Interior Designer II Position Inquiry” in the subject line. We’ll be in touch!